How to Buy Festival Tickets
- Choose the event you would like to attend and add it to your shopping cart.
- If you want to add a second event to your shopping cart, click on OTHER EVENTS. (This might be hidden under the shopping cart drop-down box!) Or, click on the MORE EVENTS on the left side of the screen.
- After you pay for your event, (or RSVP to free events), you will be emailed your ticket(s), Zoom URL links, and Webinar or Meeting IDs.
- We will email you a reminder for your events both 48 hours before, and one hour before the event.
- If you have any questions or need support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be monitoring this email during the festival. For more info, read our FAQ below.
- To join the event, click on the Zoom Webinar/Meeting URL Link we send you, or by going to join.zoom.us and entering in the Webinar/Meeting ID. If you are joining by smartphone, download the Zoom app to your smart phone well in advance.
- When you receive your event ticket by email, click on View Livestream to go to your event. Or click on View Order to get the Zoom link and see all the info about the event.
This year the Whistler Writers Festival will be held online, through the Zoom platform. Even though we won’t be seeing each other in person in 2020, we remain committed and connected to what we started so long ago: workshops for emerging writers, readings that encourage and engage healthy, provocative and thoughtful debate and an intimacy (one that we’re lauded for every single year by participants and authors alike) and vibrant connection with as broad and inclusive an audience as possible. This year our wish is to keep you, our guests safe, while providing the opportunity to connect with authors in an intimate setting. Please come as you are. And welcome to our living room.
The pricing this year helps our non-profit organization to cover our minimum costs for guest author presentations, while keeping the events affordable, as we know some of you may have been adversely affected by COVID-19. Some events are free, but you do need to RSVP so that we can send a Zoom link to you. When buying a ticket, there is an option to scale up from the minimum price of $10, which helps to support the literary programs we deliver to our community and beyond.
No we do not have a reading pass or festival pass this year. If you buy tickets for all of the events the cost will be less than our usual passes.
On the WhistlerWritersFest.com web site. We are not offering ticket sales through Armchair Books this year, but we do encourage you to buy your books there if you live in Whistler, Squamish or Pemberton.
You need a laptop, desktop computer or smart phone. All events will be available through the Zoom format. We recommend downloading the Zoom app to your smart phone device well in advance. If you plan to attend using a laptop or computer, you can access your event via the Zoom link we will be providing you with, and don’t need to download the Zoom app. We’ll also send you a reminder the day before the event.
All times noted in the program are PDT – Pacific Daylight Time, or UTC – 7 (Coordinated Universal Time). Do you need to convert your Time Zone to Whistler, BC? Click here.
Yes! Use the Q&A button on the Zoom toolbar at the bottom of your screen. There will be a Q&A session at the end of each session, and our moderators will refer to them at that time.
If you are attending a reading event the other participants will not be able to see your video. If you are attending a workshop, the other attendees will be able to see you, but only if you turn your camera on.
We know life can get in the way, so we’ll post the sessions for replay so you won’t miss a thing.
Yes! We plan on holding several virtual après sessions — inspired by the Whistler tradition — where you can connect with other festival goers in smaller Zoom rooms where you chat about the sessions and your favourite authors and their books!
If you live in Whistler or Squamish, we encourage you to purchase your book from our independent bookstore partner Armchair Books in Whistler. Pick up in the store or have your book delivered if you are unable to visit the store (Whistler or Squamish only). To find and support the independent bookseller in your local area that offers delivery or curbside pickup, go to the Canadian Independent Bookstore Finder. A third option is to order your book for delivery through the preferred bookstore seller links we have provided under each book title in the Online Bookstore. Happy reading!
Of course! We would love it if you came to Whistler and enjoyed the beautiful outdoors and local shops and services safely. This year the whole festival will be online as it is not possible to get together in large groups. We look forward to the day when we can, and until then, have provided some recipes from local chefs for you to try to make your online session more fun and tasty!
Email email@example.com. We will be monitoring the email during the sessions.
Although we won’t be getting together in person this year, Whistler is open for business and welcomes visitors for a safe, respectful experience – now and during the festival. Come stroll the Valley Trail along the lakes, or go for a hike or bike in the fresh air of the mountains.
Stay at our partner hotel The Fairmont Chateau Whistler or shop at one of our many sponsors’ businesses to help support our local economy.
We look forward to the day when we can get together in person again. Until then, we have provided some recipes from local chefs for you to try to make your online session more fun and tasty! View the Festival Program Guide for the following recipes.
- Pasta Lupino’s Veggie Pizza & Wine Pairing
- Fairmont Chateau Whistler’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Fairmont Chateau Whistler’s Granola & Fruit Compote